These are the rules:
Rule one: always post the rules
Rule two: answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
Rule three: tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule four: actually tell them you tagged them
kelty and i have ordered pizza for the third time in a week
livin’ the american dream tbh
We’ve been in our PJs all day
because the Internet told us it’s okay
1. Are you satisfied with the way your life is right now? to be fair, I don’t think anyone really SHOULD be satisfied with where one’s life is at 25 years old. But I’m satisfied with where it’s going.
2. Do you drink enough water? Hahaha. No. But I’m getting better about that.
3. When was the last time you ate at Burger King? Over a year ago. I don’t really care for Burger King and there aren’t a lot of them in my neighborhood. Not like McD’s.
4. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? I really kind of hate the beach, but I do like the sound of the ocean. Still, I’d mountains, because mountains makes me think of Vancouver. I like Vancouver. Though I suppose they have a beach as well. VANCOUVER HAS EVERYTHING.
5. How do you usually feel when you wake up on a morning? not like P Diddy, I’ll tell you that. Unless P Diddy feels like utter shit.
6. Would you rather take someone on a date, or be taken on a date? I like to do the date-taking, but I can never afford it :( I like being taken on dates too though uwu
7. When was the last time you wore high heeled shoes? June 2006. (I went to a Broadway play.)
8. Vodka or wine? Whiskey. (But I’ll take Vodka and wine if you have it)
9. How often do you cry? I just got done crying lmao I CRY ALL THE TIME………….
10. Ever had a crush on a teacher? a few, yeah. Not since high school, though. I had professors I wanted to be friends with but none I really wanted to bone. Though I guess there was the occasional “I WOULD TOTALLY HAVE SEX WITH YOU IF YOU GAVE ME A PASSING GRADE” but that was more because I was desperate for passing grades than to get into their pants.
11. Can you wire a plug? You mean like, rewire a socket? Uhhh…no….
12. Do you wear socks to bed? I would rather die.
13. What is currently bugging you? money woes, my parents, this damn insurance thing…
14. Where were you when you got your first period? uhhh…school? I think? Do people remember this stuff omg
15. Can you change a car tire? sure can
16. Have you met more than ten celebrities? I’ve only ever met Walter Koenig
17. Do you sleep naked? not all the time, but when staying with Kendra it happens on occasion. Also if I never bother to put on pjs after my shower
18. What was the best music gig you’ve ever attended? Dessa, ‘cause Kendra was with me uwu
19. Have you ever had sexual feelings for anyone you follow? well I follow my girlfriend so like. (Also let’s face it I’ve harbored crushes on a lot of you)
20. Do you think bisexual candycorn is hot? I don’t know what that means. Is this a sex thing?
21. Favourite Disney princess? Ariel.
22. Favourite city? Vancouver and Austin.
23. Can you drive? Not well.
24. Cigarettes or alcohol? Alcohol.
25. Excercise or healthy eating? Neither, thanks tho.
26. Favourite and least favourite accents? Canadian, Australian, northern Irish, umm….mooooooooost British ones…..my least favourite is Boston God you people.
27. What are you looking forward to? Austin Comic Con and the consecutive haircuts that will accompany it.
28. Did you play Red Rover when you were a child? I was a fucking beast at that game.
29. Are you more attracted to men or women? Women. Men are only attractive when they’re wearing pants.
30. Do you like 1980s fashion? No moreso than other fashions. It has its dos and don’ts. Also I’m not much of a fashionista so
if I had seen Monsters University when it was in theatres I may have gone a lot easier on myself, at least for the past six months or however long it’s been around.
I debated sharing this story on tumblr, but it’s just so perfect I legitimately can’t stop thinking about it.
so today at work I checked out a couple that I could swear was exactly an aging Newton and Hermann, okay. I mean, they didn’t look like Charlie Day or Burn Gorman at all (obviously) but the taller one had a cane and the shorter one had tattoo sleeves (albeit not kaiju tattoo sleeves of course but NOT THE POINT) and I couldn’t get a word in edgewise over their bickering. It was hilarious, and I’m pretty sure they were married.
I tweeted their conversation from memory so it’s not verbatim or anything but this is pretty much how it went down.
Me: Hi! Did you find ev-
Hermann-alike: (talking over me, to Newton-alike, who is putting a large, pretty metal box on the counter) I told you not to get that box.
Newton-alike: I like the box.
Hermann-alike: It’s too big. We don’t have any room for it.
Me: (casually ringing up other things as Newton-alike takes them out of their basket while trying not to laugh) Well, returns are -
Newton-alike: (talking over me, to Hermann-alike) We have room for it. Don’t underestimate me. (to me) Ring it up, it’s okay.
Me: (rings it up)
Hermann-alike: (positively exasperated) when it DOESN’T fit like I KNOW it won’t, YOU’RE going to be the one who’s coming back to bother this poor girl and return it.
Me: Oh, it’s no troub -
Newton-alike: FINE, but when it DOES fit, I’m coming back for the other one.
They bickered some more before leaving my register (I remember an exchange like “what are you even going to use it for” “STUFF!!”) and I told them to have a nice day as they were leaving and they both turned around sweet as ever and were like “THANK YOU, WE’RE SO SORRY” and it was just.
It made my whole day, all right. My whole fucking day.
bracing myself for a panic attack while driving tomorrow hahahahahaa I never got to practice driving to and from work from my new place and now I’m here and I have work tomorrow and I am probably going to die
okay but don’t read death fic on his birthday, idiot
He’d be 21 today and I’d planned on doing something in his honor but I ended up not doing jack shit because I’m the worst big sister in the world so there’s that.
R.I.P. Harley McLoughlin, March 3rd 2000 - September 7th 2013
I don’t have a lot of pictures of him on my phone anymore. :c Anyway he lived a good (and apparently especially long, for a Pomeranian) life, and he was a good dog, but it’s sad that he won’t be around anymore. I’ll miss him. It’s weird not even having a theoretical dog anymore. This is the first time I’ve been without any sort of pet since I was seven years old.